Veritas-bu

[[Veritas-bu] Novell data not getting backed up]

2002-04-15 10:10:17
Subject: [[Veritas-bu] Novell data not getting backed up]
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 07:10:17 -0700
Sorry, brain pause....

targeted novell backups, Solaris 7 master server (only media server
too), novell 5.1, class is configured with 3 targets - /sys, /data1,
/data2.

went through this exact thing a while back with Veritas support but at
the time I was using 'entire server' as the target.  We patched, updated
binaries, ran copious logging (and sifted through it all), but in the
end nothing worked until we set up individual targets for each
resource.  Then it seemed to work fine.  Now another problem, very
similar to the original, has cropped up.  But I have been using resource
targets since.

Thanks.

~JK