Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Location of SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS and NUMBER_DATA_BU FFERS files

2002-04-08 21:26:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Location of SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS and NUMBER_DATA_BU FFERS files
From: steven.hanson AT uwrf DOT edu (Steve Hanson)
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 20:26:24 -0500
Fabbro, Andrew P wrote:

>According to
>
>       http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/240733.htm
>
>The location is /usr/openv/netbackup.

Ah - no, that'd be where the network data buffer setting goes.
 According to that doc the tape buffer settings  go in
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/config.  And that's where they go :-).

Robert - While I was there playing with these parameters I noticed that
there were some entries in the wrong directory on the master server.  I
made some changes on the media server while we were doing some testing,
and those are the entries that are set up there.

I didn't want to make any changes to the master server at the time since
it would have had to go
through change control and nobody was ready to commit the changes in
production.