Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Location of SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS and NUMBER_DATA_BU FFERS files

2002-04-11 14:03:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Location of SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS and NUMBER_DATA_BU FFERS files
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:03:54 -0500
I'm sorry.  I spoke too quickly.

It was the NET_BUFFER_SZ that can be set in the Reigstry (Buffer_size or
"communications buffer size" in the admin GUI) or with the file.  It did not
work when set in the Registry.  I had someone from VERITAS support say the
file was better and said not to use the Registry, so it looks like there's a
difference in opinion when you talk to VERITAS.

I don't think SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS or NUMBER_DATA_BU FFERS can be set in the
Registry (although I may be wrong here).  I have tested these using the files
on W2K and they work well that way.

- Scott

                    "Prabhala, Rama"

                    <RPrabhala@forest        To:     "'scott.kendall AT abbott
DOT com'" <scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com>
                    pharm.com>               cc:

                                             Subject:     RE: [Veritas-bu]
Location of SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS and
                    04/11/2002 07:19         NUMBER_DATA_BU FFERS files

                    AM

Scott,
What about the NET_BUFFER_SZ , did you set that in a file or registry. I set
it up in the registry am i wrong ? Thats what veritas support adbised me to
do.

Regards,

Rama