Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] reuse the media

2002-04-03 12:42:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] reuse the media
From: anaseem AT vanhosp.bc DOT ca (Atif Naseem)
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 09:42:31 -0800
Hello i put this question yesterday . my media server was not mounting the
media and it sits there for ever.

Today i read the tape header directly with the dd command , I come to know that
 the particular dlt tape is being used by my test backup serve in the past and
,  the test server name is written in the header.
I am assuming that NBU must have put that media into the frozen state.!!!!
My question is how we can unfreez it and secondly  how we can reuse the media
, if the media is being used my the other test netbackup servers .I have couple
of them and i am thinking every media will create problem.
regards
atif