Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] reuse the media

2002-04-03 16:44:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] reuse the media
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:44:01 -0600
bpmedia can be used to unfreeze a tape.
bpmedia -unfreeze -ev MEDIA -h MEDIA_SERVER

if you don't know what media server it is assigned to, use
bpmedialist -ev MEDIA
to find it.

bplabel is used to write a new label on a tape.  Use the -help option to get
the syntax.

- Scott

                    "Atif Naseem"

                    <anaseem AT vanhosp.bc DOT ca>              To:     "<"

                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
[Veritas-bu] reuse the media
                    auburn.edu

                    04/03/2002 11:42 AM

Hello i put this question yesterday . my media server was not mounting the
media and it sits there for ever.

Today i read the tape header directly with the dd command , I come to know
that  the particular dlt tape is being used by my test backup serve in the
past and ,  the test server name is written in the header.
I am assuming that NBU must have put that media into the frozen state.!!!!
My question is how we can unfreez it and secondly  how we can reuse the media
, if the media is being used my the other test netbackup servers .I have
couple of them and i am thinking every media will create problem.
regards
atif