Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplication - 6 hours for one 230M fragment!

2002-04-02 23:26:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplication - 6 hours for one 230M fragment!
From: peter.urbanec AT csfb DOT com (Urbanec, Peter)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:26:34 +0800
[ Dismal bpduplicate performance ]

> What is your NET_BUFFER_SZ set to?

I can vouch that this is not the fix for cases where the performance is this
bad.

We see variable performance ranging from 6MB/s to 50KB/s and have a call opened
with Veritas. So far no solutions or even a diagnosis.

Numbers and size of buffers (network or tape) do not fix this issue.

BTW: We are running multiplexed to multiplexed vaults.

        Peter Urbanec    B.Sc.(Comp.Sci.)  UNSW
        mailto:peter.urbanec AT csfb DOT com

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain sensitive and
private proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended
recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system,
destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient. CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each legal
entity in the CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON or CREDIT SUISSE ASSET MANAGEMENT
business units of CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON reserve the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise
and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.
Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is
indicative only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer to deal
at any price quoted. Any reference to the terms of executed transactions should
be treated as  preliminary only and subject to our formal written confirmation.