Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tape drive performance monitoring on Windows NT/2000

2002-01-16 12:19:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tape drive performance monitoring on Windows NT/2000
From: paul.weaver AT stratech DOT com (Weaver, Paul)
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:19:27 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19EB1.F343A060

This may be a simple question, but coming from a Solaris background I don't
yet know this answer.

I am attempting to monitor raw tape drive performance (or would like to) on
a Windows 2000 NetBackup media server.  In Solaris, I know you can use
utilities such as sar and iostat to get, for example, read or write MB/sec
per tape drive.  Is there an equivalent utility or command in Windows that
will give like performance numbers?  Something that can be used in a script
to gather data.

I know that NetBackup has performance numbers, but I am interested in
finding out about more OS numbers.

Thanks for your assistance,

Paul Weaver

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19EB1.F343A060

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>tape drive performance monitoring on Windows NT/2000</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>This may be a simple question, but coming from a =
Solaris background I don't yet know this answer.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I am attempting to monitor raw tape drive performance =
(or would like to) on a Windows 2000 NetBackup media server.&nbsp; In =
Solaris, I know you can use utilities such as sar and iostat to get, =
for example, read or write MB/sec per tape drive.&nbsp; Is there an =
equivalent utility or command in Windows that will give like =
performance numbers?&nbsp; Something that can be used in a script to =
gather data.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I know that NetBackup has performance numbers, but I =
am interested in finding out about more OS numbers.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks for your assistance,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Paul Weaver</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>