Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Strange problem--drive/robot disappear

2001-11-27 17:34:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Strange problem--drive/robot disappear
From: CBallowe AT usg DOT com (Ballowe, Charles)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:34:16 -0600
Got this answer from an engineer at compaq on the tru64-unix-managers
list earlier today:

"You may want to look at the EPSON oscillator chip on the MDR fibre
module.  It has been reported that chips with date codes 0192b, 0193b
and 0115b produce a high amount of jitter, causing both speed problems
and disappearing devices."

My EPSON chip has a date code of 0192b. Compaq support was made aware
of this issue sometime in July of this year. Waiting for the part to be
ordered and hopefully this will fix my problems.

-Charles Ballowe