Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how to list volume GROUPS in NB?

2001-11-27 16:34:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how to list volume GROUPS in NB?
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:34:24 -0600
vmquery

Using the -w or -bx options will show the volume group in the output.  Also,
the -v option will query by volume group if needed.

- Scott

                    Jeff Earickson

                    <jaearick AT colby DOT edu>                 To:
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
[Veritas-bu] how to list volume GROUPS in NB?
                    auburn.edu

                    11/27/2001 02:02 PM

Hi,

   I need some command-line (or bpadm) method of listing my volume GROUPS
and which tapes are in what group, like available_media.  There's beaucoup
information about volume pools but mightly little about volume groups.
I use volume group names to determine which group of tapes to bring back
from offsite -- so I need NB to tell me what tapes are in what group.

** Jeff A. Earickson, Ph.D                         PHONE: 207-872-3659
** Senior UNIX Sysadmin, Information Technology    EMAIL: jaearick AT colby DOT
edu
** Colby College, 4214 Mayflower Hill,               FAX: 207-872-3076
** Waterville ME, 04901-8842