Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas BUG explained - Java GUI dates

2001-09-07 22:03:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas BUG explained - Java GUI dates
From: scurry AT yahoo-inc DOT com (Steve Curry)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 19:03:04 -0700
All,

I received this notification from SUN... it bothers me to no end that a 3rd
party let me know about this and not Veritas.  You can also find out more by
going to http://sunsolve.sun.com

<SUN>
Please Note! VERITAS NetBackup Date Display Problem: In NetBackup, a date
display problem occurs when using the JAVA Client GUI (only) and browsing in
the "Backup Files" tab. Any file or directory created after September 9,
10:46:SS, 2001 will display with erroneous dates of 1973. This issue and any
associated workarounds apply to NetBackup versions 3.2 and 3.4/3.4.1. This
is a display issue only and there is no threat of data loss as a result of
this issue. (Note: Sun did not release NetBackup BusinesServer 3.3) For
specific details, click here

To address this issue, a Field Information Notice (FIN) and the following
patches will be available from SunSolve as soon as testing is completed.

112065-xx 3.4 Patch; 112066-xx 3.2 Patch; 112076-xx 3.2 L10N Patch
{Japanese}
</SUN>

Have a great weekend!!

Steve Curry