Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to Check the Status of a Manual Backup via command line

2001-09-08 00:58:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to Check the Status of a Manual Backup via command line
From: ladydi AT virginia DOT edu (Diane M. Meeker)
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 00:58:33 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

> Use the -w option to tell the command to block until the backup is
> complete.  The return code of the bpbackup command will be the exit
> status of the job just like the job monitor would show.  Note that for
> multistreaming backups, you'll have multiple return codes for a single
> bpbackup command, which doesn't make much sense so the returned value
> is "undefined".
>
> You'll also want to consider whether or not to use the -i option (this
> is the same as launching a backup from the class menu) which must be
> done on the master server, or not to use -i which must be done from
> the client and is a user-directed backup (must have a user-directed
> backup schedule, you specify files to backup, etc).
>
>  Gary A. Sperano Jr

We have tried this with little success.  We have an open issue with Sun/Storage
about this and they told us it is not supported and they will not help us
trouble
shoot it.  Are we failing because we are multistreaming?  We get the following
error
after the -w time has elapsed ...

   EXIT STATUS 23:  socket read failed

--
Diane Meeker           ladydi AT virginia DOT edu
University of Virginia        434-924-4182