Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading Solaris on a NetBackup master server

2001-07-25 08:53:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading Solaris on a NetBackup master server
From: KCollins AT coral-energy DOT com (Collins, Kathy)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 07:53:41 -0500
All,

I don't have my NetBackup manuals with me so I apologize if this is in
there.  I want to upgrade my NetBackup master server running NetBackup 3.2
from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 8.  I need to do a fresh install of Solaris.
I'm not sure of the steps to get NetBackup working again after that.  I was
thinking of installing the NetBackup packages and patching to the latest
NetBackup patch for Solaris.  Which files/directories should I recover after
that?  If I restore all of /opt/openv, is that good enough?  Will this hurt
anything?  Do I need to re-setup my ATL library and drives, or will the
restore put that all back in place?  Are there other files not living in
/opt/openv that I need?  I did notice some config files in the root dir:
.xbpadmrc, .xbpmonrc, .xvmadmrc.

Thanks very much,
Kathy