Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading Solaris on a NetBackup master server

2001-07-26 09:35:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading Solaris on a NetBackup master server
From: KCollins AT coral-energy DOT com (Collins, Kathy)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:35:17 -0500
Barbara,

Thanks for the tips.  We actually completed the upgrade yesterday.  The
biggest problem was the devices.  The OS renumbered them after the upgrade,
so we had to figure out the relationship between the robotic drives and the
/dev/rmt numbers.  Then we deleted the drives and robot, and re-added them.
Restoring the /usr/openv directory tree and reinstalling the robotic driver
(using sg.install) was all we had to do to get backups working again.

Thanks again,
Kathy