Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup ltid and syslog

2001-07-12 17:11:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup ltid and syslog
From: Matthew.Secaur AT cna DOT com (Secaur,Matthew J.)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:11:50 -0500
Hello,
        I've turned on syslog logging of ltid (and vmd, etc) with the -v
option.  I'd like to find the entry I need in the /etc/syslog.conf to
redirect these messages to another file.  I know that they are of type
"debug" since, when I add "*.debug" in syslog.conf the messages are copied
(not redirected, oddly) to the file I specify.  I'd like to find the
facility (i.e. the part before the ".debug") so I can trap those messages.
        Has anyone found this facility?  Thanks.
--Matt--
matthew.secaur AT cna DOT com