Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OTM Tuning and NBU 3.4

2001-05-08 09:30:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OTM Tuning and NBU 3.4
From: AhrensJ AT psi DOT ca (Jason Ahrens [ahrensj AT psi DOT ca])
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 09:30:23 -0400
Here's something I've been wondering then.

What happens if you drop the wait time to a very low number?

For example, lets say there is a very busy machine, and it never sees 5
seconds, or even two or three seconds of purely 'quiet' activity. Dropping
the wait to 1, or even no wait (activate regardless) may be required to have
it activate.

What are the thoughts about this? (I've already increasted the timeout to 5
minutes (300 seconds) and still having status 1 backups... Without
investigating every single client, my working theory from the ones I did
look at is that OTM does not activate.

Jason