Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoring Data from Media

2001-05-04 16:22:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring Data from Media
From: dcaparas AT borland DOT com (Dennis Caparas)
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 13:22:13 -0700
--------------A513207A546DB177A73E2A26

--------------DEDA45F71CB89A954E83C3DF

Hi,

My response is under each question.

"Jasare K." wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>       I was wondering how I could restore data I backedup onto a media. The
> following are my concerns
>
> 1.      How will netbackup recognize the media with the data for the restore.

There's a header in each media which Netbackup reads. No need to know this for
netbackup will automatically finds the media you need for restore.

> 2.      Will I have to create a new media id on the tape I'm going to use for
> the
> restore?

Netbackup will do that for you. Are you using a Multi-slot Tape Library with
Bar code
scanner?

> 3.      How does it see the new tape and does the restore.

Restore :  User Backup and Restore > Set Directory to Search to / > File
(Configuration) > File Browse Backups

> I'm really confused and will need some help. Your help is very much

Also, do research or download the Netbackup documentations in www.veritas.com

- Dennis

--------------DEDA45F71CB89A954E83C3DF

Hi,
I backedup onto a media. The
with the data for the restore.</blockquote>
<b>There's a header in each media which Netbackup reads. No need to know
this for netbackup will automatically finds the media you need for restore.</b>
id on the tape I'm going to use for the
<b>Netbackup will do that for you. Are you using a Multi-slot Tape Library
with Bar code scanner?</b>
the restore.</blockquote>
<b>Restore :&nbsp; User Backup and Restore > Set Directory to Search to
/ > File (Configuration) > File Browse Backups</b>
much</blockquote>

documentations
in www.veritas.com</font></b>
href="http://explorer.msn.com";>http://explorer.msn.com</a>

--------------DEDA45F71CB89A954E83C3DF--

--------------A513207A546DB177A73E2A26

begin:vcard
n:Caparas;Dennis
tel;fax:(831)431-4144
tel;work:(831)431-1467
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.borland.com
org:Inprise Corporation;IS
adr:;;100 Enterprise Way;Scotts Valley;CA;95066;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:dcaparas AT inprise DOT com
title:Unix System Administrator
fn:Dennis Caparas
end:vcard

--------------A513207A546DB177A73E2A26--