Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading Windows NT clients

2001-04-02 12:07:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading Windows NT clients
From: bob.lawrence AT tfeurope DOT com (Lawrence, Bob)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 17:07:51 +0100
Yes, those differences do make life difficult, but that said, the local
install of clients (take the CD to the console) should be a lot less
problematic and better documented.
I've spent the best part of a week, about a dozen calls to Veritas Support
(last one nearly 2 hours) to find the best way to upgrade and patch unix
clients - before I roll out to my live machines - the Veritas scripts just
don't work in a non-unix master environment.

Penelope Carr, if you'd like the 2 Support Case IDs for further details for
enhancements, I can give them too you.

Does anyone else have any other experiences?  I'm hoping this can be
improved before my next upgrade.

Bob Lawrence