Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Have you implemented multi-terabyte NDMP backup with NBU ?

2001-03-22 13:51:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Have you implemented multi-terabyte NDMP backup with NBU ?
From: wpoynter AT veritas DOT com (Wayne Poynter)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:51:25 -0800
These days we see the NAS vendors pitching 2-10 terabytes NAS storage
architectures to our clients of Netbackup.   Our concern is with the scaling
of NDMP backups at this level and higher.

Has anyone purchased NAS storage at this level and implemented a fast
backup / recovery strategy that didn't require buying tons of tape library
hardware
and larger CPUs/memory to run the NDMP jobs.  Even if you have I would
interested in
how you have architected your solution.

I'm looking for sites that have 1tb or more on a single storage system that
requires
either an nfs mount or NDMP to perform backups/restores.

This is of great concern to the field reps and system engineers that will
have to
support these environment and we want a clean solution.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.......

Wayne A. Poynter
District Manager, San Diego

wpoynter AT veritas DOT com               www.veritas.com
858-581-6090 direct
619-818-1116 cell
858-581-6061 fax

> Plan now for the 5th Annual VERITAS User's Conference

 <<...OLE_Obj...>>