Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netware files not backed up

2001-03-21 23:34:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netware files not backed up
From: dallen AT axa.com DOT au (dallen AT axa.com DOT au)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:34:09 +1000
Hello,

We are trying to perform LAN backups of a Netware 4.11 client to Netbackup
DC 3.4 on HP-UX 11.0

When a selective backup is initiated from the client, we can backup any
files we want in any directory.

However, when we perform a server initiated backup, with filelist
specifying ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES, only the SYS directory is backed up.
ie, everything under /NWSERVER/NWSERVER.NetWare File System/NWSERVER/0/SYS/
gets backed up no problem.

But there are also files under /NWSERVER/NWSERVER.NetWare File
System/NWSERVER/4/VOL1/
which are never backed up in a server initiated backup.

There is definetly a VOL1 directory there, and the userid the backup runs
under definetly has access to it.

If I specifically add the VOL1 directory to the file list, the backup fails
with status 71 (file not found on client).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dean

Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
email are not necessarily the views of AXA.   Thank you.