Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Extending expiration date on images and tape

2001-03-21 21:35:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Extending expiration date on images and tape
From: tallen201 AT hotmail DOT com (Tim Allen)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:35:34 -0500
I would like to extend the expiration dates for several images and tapes,
but when I try it, I recieve "unable to process request".

Is there something, I'm missing?

bash-2.04# ./bpexpdate -ev DNV508 -d infinity
Are you SURE you want to change DNV508
to NEVER expire y/n (n)? y
unable to process request
bash-2.04# ./bpexpdate -ev DNV550 -d infinity
Are you SURE you want to change DNV550
to NEVER expire y/n (n)? y
unable to process request
bash-2.04# ./bpexpdate -ev DNV550 -d infinity -force
unable to process request

Also, I have several tapes that are now "available", but I would like to get
the images off them if possible.  One of the problems is that "the requested
media id was not found in NB media database and/or MM volume database".  I
believe this means the images on these tapes are lost to netbackup for good.
  Am I wrong?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tim Allen