Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows systems using DHCP

2000-12-22 17:57:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows systems using DHCP
From: fx [François-Xavier Peretmere] fx AT Veritas DOT com
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 23:57:08 +0100

 how is your network, is there a DHCP server on the same ethernet segment?
according to my not so old memory, it seems than the master do a broadcast
to query the DHPC server. how does it not work? what do client/bpcd and
master/bprd logs say?

 elsewhere, you could backup your DHCP client by using static lease if
your IP address pool is equal or bigger than the number of clients. another
way is by using a dynamic DNS.

 DDNS will insure name resolution even if client's IP change over the time.
Microsoft DNS of latest version od ISC's bind can do that.

 fx

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

--
     fx AT veritas DOT com       | The ten thousand things.
François-Xavier Peretmere | How long do any persist?