Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Device Daemon

2000-11-06 11:17:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Device Daemon
From: Ayaz Mudarris ayaz AT colltech DOT com
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:17:51 -0600
On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 09:49:28AM -0600, Buffington, Devon wrote:
> Has anyone had problems with their device daemon hanging up? Or daemon
> either "hangs", where there are jobs waiting in the queue, but the drives
> are empty, so they aren't waiting for anything except the robot to get the
> tapes, basically. Then the daemon seems to just die at other times, with no
> directly attributable cause.
> We seem to have started having this happen fairly regularly sometime after
> we added the 443 patch. I do not know if the patch has anything to do with
> it or not.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Devon Buffington

Hi Devon,

I have seen this, I logged all the tape usage every minute and saw that it was
using only one
drive. Nothing could change its behavior, except stopltid and startltid.

It was even wiered when only the masterserver was showing this behaviour, all
other eight
media servers were normal.

I wonder if it's patch 443.?

--
Ayaz

#!/a.k.a/jazz
                               Ayaz Mudarris   |_| C o l l e c t i v e |_|
         Senior Consultant, Great Lakes Team    |_    technologies     _|
                           ayaz AT colltech DOT com      []                 []

"Don't skate to the puck; skate to where it's going"
                                        - ice hockey legend Wayne Gretzky