Veritas-bu

Fw: [Veritas-bu] media server advice

2000-09-25 22:50:33
Subject: Fw: [Veritas-bu] media server advice
From: Michael Traves mtraves.news AT home DOT com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 22:50:33 -0400
With the link down between sites, your remote site will be dead if it's just
a Media Server.  If the lines are solid, or you can live with an outage,
then go for it -- it does make DRP easier having the catalogs in one place.

As per how to do it -- the catalogs are text, laid out in a directory tree.
You can essentially just add one to the other, assuming there are no
duplicates between the sites (class names, client names, etc).  Veritas
consulting services has done this for some customers, and I'd recommend you
involve them on this one.

Michael Traves