Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Change media ID?

2000-08-07 12:16:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Change media ID?
From: RYAN C. ANDERSON ryan_anderson AT udlp DOT com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:16:27 -0500
All:

I need to import the data on a DLT tape made by NetBackup from a
different server to my database.  The problem is that it has the same
media ID as a tape I already have.  The NBU 3.2 Sys Admin's Guide has on
page 329 a *brief* description of how to deal with the problem, but I
don't understand how to actually do it.   It says:

"To import from a tape that has the same media ID as an existing tape on
this server, first duplicate the existing tape to another media ID."

I can't find instructions on how to duplicate the existing tape to
another media ID.  Does anybody know how to do this, or where to find
this out?

Regards,

Ryan
Ryan C. Anderson           United Defense L.P.
UNIX Administrator         http://www.udlp.com/
(desk) 763.572.6684        (pager) 612.235.9936
ryan_anderson AT udlp DOT com     Mail stop M313