Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to add or remove a slave server without stop ping master and all others slaves

2000-06-29 12:03:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to add or remove a slave server without stop ping master and all others slaves
From: Martin, Barbara BM128506 AT exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR DOT com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:03:27 -0400
I am surprised to learn that Veritas does not officially support adding or
removing a slave with the master and all other slaves active.  I have done
this several times.  Once with a Veritas consultant on site.  As long as
there are no current backups running on the slave to be removed and you have
no backups scheduled to go to that slave, there are no problems with
removing the slave.  The same for adding a slave, which is even easier since
you cannot configure backups to the new slave until after the slave is
active.  I have never had to stop all backups on the master and other
slaves.  I have the adding of a new slave procedure documented.  Please
contact me if you want further information.

Barb Martin
Voice:          (937)445-3674
VoicePlus:      622-3674
FAX:            (937)445-3398
mailto:barbara.martin AT DaytonOH.NCR DOT COM