Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Default volume pools.

2000-05-24 17:47:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Default volume pools.
From: Rob Worman rob AT colltech DOT com
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 16:47:46 -0500
>I was looking over my volume pools and was wondering about the
>following.  Right now all backups go to the NETBACKUP pool.
>
>1) The two defined backup volumes are also in the NETBACKUP pool.  I
>found that strange.  Is this correct?  Should it be changed?

I assume the above should read, "the two defined **NBU Database**
backup volumes" -  and if so, yes this is correct.  In fact, you
couldn't change it if you tried... :)

Note that there is no risk of these tapes being used for a regular
backup, as they have the hallowed "DBBACKUP" status in the media
database.

>2) I have four other volumes in a "db_duplicate" pool.  As far as I can
>tell, they aren't used.  Is this pool used by Netbackup, or did we
>create it at some point in the past?

No, db_duplicate is not one of the "default" pools that are
precreated by Netbackup.

IIRC, the db_duplicate pool name happens to be the default suggested
by the bpvault documentation as part of the process of setting up a
vault for offsiting of your NBU DB backups.  Is that a possibility in
your case?

rob