Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DLT 4000 to DLT 7000 conversion

2000-05-03 19:49:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DLT 4000 to DLT 7000 conversion
From: Simon Lurye simon.lurye AT nsmg.veritas DOT com
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 19:49:13 -0400
A good place to start is to look at our recommended settings for st.conf.
You can find that in a file I think called dev_config_guide.txt in
/usr/openv/netbackup.  Those settings are not "set" in stone mind you.  If
you have particular needs than read the man page on st to see what you might
want to change.  The most important for netbackup is that you have variable
block mode set which is the third setting a plain 'ol 0.  As for reusing DLT
tapes written by DLT4000 drives that's fine but sometimes you'll see a "not
enough space" error message the tape is scanned or written to.

Simon Lurye
Senior Consultant
Veritas Software
(C) 917-864-0016, (H) 212-213-8587,
(P) 888-782-4923, 7824923 AT mobilemessage DOT com