Networker

Re: [Networker] Single items of active directory cannot be recovered

2013-09-20 02:21:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Single items of active directory cannot be recovered
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 07:17:10 +0100
That sounds like a clientID issue or something related to name resolution
misconfiguration.

Specifically the nsrinfo/missing-volume bit. I saw that once.

We tried deleting and recreating the client using the same client id but
networker complained because the client was already linked to a different
client Id that was hidden under the current one(!?).

To resolve that we created a dummy client to using the hiddden client Id, Once
we got rid of the hiddden client Id  we recreated the client with the known
client id.  This time the unknown volume issue went away.

nsrinfo issues are linked to client index issues which are in most cases
caused by  problems with the name resolution and client Id.

jee