Networker

Re: [Networker] Migrating from Win32 (x86) to Win64 (x86-x64) - same name, different hardware

2013-06-11 12:17:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migrating from Win32 (x86) to Win64 (x86-x64) - same name, different hardware
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 12:17:44 -0400
> We've done this 3 times over the past couple of years.   As others
> have said, your hostid will change, so you will need new
> authorization codes (transfer hostid), but the enablers will stay the
same.

> The good news is that you have 45 days to work this out.   After the
> upgrade, you will be able to use your Networker software for those
> 45 days, until you can get the new authorization codes.
>
> As for your index files, you can copy your index folders directly,
> as that's what we did, becuase we had over 300 clients on one
> server.   Obviously, don't forget to shut down the Networker
> services, so you don't have any "open" files, before you start your
> index copy.
>
> After your upgrade, you should certainly run all of database
> verification checks -nsrim, nsrck.

So I am about to start this. I have stopped NW on the old server, and am
copying the \nsr folder tree to a temp folder on the new server. Then I
will remove the old NW server from the Windows domain, change the name,
shut it down.

Go to the new NW server, rename it to the old name, install NW, install
tape library, load latest bootstrap tape, run mmrecov, shutdown, move the
"index" folder to the \nsr folder structure, re-start NW. (that way I
don't need to "nsrck -L7")

Tomorrow re-license.

Sound about right?