Networker

[Networker] NMDA for Oracle - Linux Cluster

2013-06-04 12:53:43
Subject: [Networker] NMDA for Oracle - Linux Cluster
From: Suwaker <nwxpert AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 20:36:23 +0400
Hi All;

We have a Linux cluster (2 nodes) running oracle 11.
NW 7.6 SP5 (Backup Server Solaris 10)
NMDA (NetWorker Module for DB and Apps) version 1.2

We have the error:
nsrdasv : The NSR /client resource/ for <active_node_hostname> could not be located. We have configured the backup using the virtual name as client resource (using the NMC Wizard).

This problem does not occur if we use the active node hostname as client resource (the VIP's CLI is updated as the RMAN script contains the NSR_CLIENT variable set)

To be High Available we obviously need to use the VIP but we get that error.
We have checked the name resolution and all aliases without success.

Does anyone has successfully configured NMDA for Oracle cluster backup?
Any idea what the problem can be related to? I might have missed something during the configuration/installation?

Thanks in advance.

--- Suwaker ---