Networker

[Networker] Strange Output From "nsrim -X"

2013-02-11 14:02:31
Subject: [Networker] Strange Output From "nsrim -X"
From: "Bowersock, Bryan" <Bryan.Bowersock AT AHSS DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 19:02:21 +0000
Hello all,

I ran the command "nsrim -X" on our Networker server today and noticed some
strange output.  We are running Networker 8.0.0.1 and the NMC is on the same
server.  The OS is Windows 2008 R2 64-bit SP1 and is a physical host.  I am
logged into the server as the same account (domain service account and is also
a local administrator of the Networker server) that I always have which is also
the account that is set to run the Networker Backup and Recover Server service
and the Networker Remote Exec service.  Has anyone ever seen this?  This
happens more than once during the run of the command where the output comes up
as "garble"...thoughts?  Last week I did a consistency check of all of the CFI
by running "nsrck -L6" and everything appeared to be fine.  I'm wondering if
this is a permissions issue in Networker, in Windows, a corrupt index, or even
worse, a corrupt media database.  Everything in Networker is currently running
fine.  Below is an example:

nsrck: D:\nsr\index\adserver1 contains 1249138 records occupying 163 MB
nsrck: D:\nsr\index\lawsonapp contains 27026525 records occupying 4120 MB
nsrck: D:\nsr\index\openlinksvr2 contains 1038638 records occupying 133 MB

nsrck: checkinngs ricnkd:e xc hfeocrnk si'rnTcgAk M:iV nVcndIhseDerxWcc
EkkfBi:no0n sr1gcr ' hc'
nc:Adk MeicVxnhA gePf cPoikCrniA dnC'egSax 0d i1sfn'eod
v xe' rLf2ao'wr
o'nOdPbL'C
STR'

nsrck: D:\nsr\index\oplclstr contains 592 records occupying 95 KB
nsrck: checking index for 'OPLGRPA'
nsrck: D:\nsr\index\tamvappcacs01 contains 32870 records occupying 3802 KB
nsrck: checking index for 'TAMVAPPCACS02'
nsrck: D:\nsr\index\oplgrpa contains 41093 records occupying 5239 KB
nsrck: checking index for 'OPLGRPB'
nsrck: D:\nsr\index\oplgrpb contains 17275 records occupying 2278 KB
nsrck: checking index for 'OPSXP-IS-MC'
nsrck: D:\nsr\index\lawsondb contains 4563100 records occupying 734 MB
nsrck: checking index for 'LBISVR'
nsrck: D:\nsr\index\lbisvr contains 2816421 records occupying 427 MB

Thanks in advance.

Bryan B.
Storage / Backup Administrator