Networker

Re: [Networker] How to identify the size of a file/directory before restore

2013-01-30 15:27:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to identify the size of a file/directory before restore
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:20:34 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] How to identify the size of a file/directory...:

Bingo, I just wish there was a way for this ...something similar to save
-n which gives us a preview of the file size before any backup. :(

This used to be easy with 'nsrib', but that command was discontinued
long ago.

Now your best option is probably

        recover -s your_server_name
        changetime # if necessary
        cd /path/to/your/dir
        add # whatever files or just "." for the directory and subdirs

and then use

        list -l

and save the output to an external file and sum the sizes from that.

I agree that a sub-command similar to "volumes" that showed "totalsize"
would be useful.

Tim
edu