Networker

[Networker] How to identify the size of a file/directory before restore

2013-01-30 12:06:57
Subject: [Networker] How to identify the size of a file/directory before restore
From: jango <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 08:58:12 -0800
All,

I would like to know from the NW experts out here if there is a way to identify
the size (eg; in GB's etc..) of a file/directory prior to initiating a restore
in NW.

I know once I initiate the restore (ie; once I type recover and hit enter) it
gives me the size of the file that is getting restore but is there a different
method I can use to know the size of a file prior to initiating the restore?

The reason I want to know this is because many times our customers would like
us to inform them the size of the file that is getting restore so that they can
free up some space. What I do now is I initiate the restore, see the file size
and later cancel the restore...I was wondering if there is a better way to do
this..

Regards,

Jango