Networker

[Networker] Data Domain and OST_ABANDON_TIMEOUT.

2012-10-16 10:34:07
Subject: [Networker] Data Domain and OST_ABANDON_TIMEOUT.
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 16:23:14 +0200
Hello all,

Recently, we deployed a new DD670. Ever since then, the incremental backups of a Novell volume are failing (fulls are OK). Before that, backups were going to an AFTD on a Solaris X86 storage node. After some investigation, I suspect that this is the result of an inactivity timeout withing the DD (or ddboost library). I was able to find some documentation about OST_ABANDON_TIMEOUT, for example esg125254. This parameter is to be changed by EMC only. I found some reference to an SE (system engineer ?) mode and was able to get into it (priv set SE in the CLI, http://blog.colovirt.com/2008/12/29/data-domain-hung-alert/) . However, the commands are not documented, so I cannot tell how to change this. I opened a case with my vendor, but they are still tryning to figure this out. Can anyone tell me where and how to set this variable ?

TIA.

--

-- Yaron.