Networker

[Networker] nmc on fedora 14

2011-03-17 09:05:52
Subject: [Networker] nmc on fedora 14
From: tonyalbers <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 06:04:02 -0700
"Creating installation log in /logs/install.log.

Performing initialization. Please wait...

ERROR: Command /bin/gstparam -f /etc/gstd.conf -d -n pkg_lang_packs failed!

Problem seems to be that it can't find gstparam, since it's in /opt/lgtonmc/bin
and not in /bin. I've tried to rectify this, but it's impossible for me to make
it work.
"

I also tried the following:

[root@dk-aar-toal-laptop init.d]# sh /opt/lgtonmc/bin/nmc_config

For optimum security, the embedded web server inside this product must
run as a non root user. Please specify a local user name and group name
the web server must run as. It is recommended that the user and group
you specify have limited privileges and file access permissions. Please
create such a local user and group first if required.
Please specify in the format user/group. For example nobody/nobody.

Please specify the user/group for the web server [nobody/nobody]?

Using nobody as user name and nobody as group name

What port should the web server use [9000]?

What port should the GST server use [9001]?

What directory should be used for the LGTOnmc database [/lgto_gstdb]?
/opt/lgtonmc/lgto_gstdb

Where are the NetWorker binaries installed [/usr/sbin]?

Start daemons at end of configuration [n]? y

Creating installation log in /logs/install.log.

Performing initialization. Please wait...

ERROR: Command /bin/gstconfig failed!

[root@dk-aar-toal-laptop init.d]#

Thanks for any advice.

/tony