Networker

[Networker] networker whitepapers: cross platform migration and ram requirements

2011-02-09 10:18:54
Subject: [Networker] networker whitepapers: cross platform migration and ram requirements
From: dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 10:16:13 -0500
Hi,

I noticed two interesting whitepapers in powerlink. Both are available in
the networker documentation section under the whitepapers item.

First is one from April 2010 about cross platform migrations.

Second is one about NetWorker and DD Boost that has some ram requirements
for networker storage nodes. It is not clear to me if this is a standard ram
requirement, or if it is related to when DD Boost is in use. (Prior to this,
I’ve always seen networker be pretty lean on RAM, so it was a bit surprising
to see ‘64MB per AFTD plus 16MB per stream’ documented)

Yours,

Dave

David Gold

Sr. Technical Consultant