Networker

[Networker] /nsr/index Cleanup?

2010-03-23 15:22:31
Subject: [Networker] /nsr/index Cleanup?
From: tbirkenbach <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:20:06 -0400
> We're running 7.5.1 on Linux x86. We have a number of old clients listed as
> directories under /nsr/index, and although we do a little index maintenance
> on a nightly basis, these old client directories aren't cleaned up (deleted)
> after a client is removed from the NetWorker configuration. Am I missing
> something in the manuals or does this matter at all?

I asked the same a while ago and from what I've collected from the NetWorker
'collective', I've put together the following "client purge process".

The following works on my NetWorker 7.3.4 on Solaris 8 system.

1) mminfo -ot -q 'client=client_to_be_deleted' -r ssid | xargs -n1 -i nsrmm -v
-S{} -dy
2) nsrck -Y -R client_to_be_deleted
3) Delete client entry in NetWorker Management Console (or nsradmin).
4) Delete client index directory.
        a. cd /nsr/index
        b. rm -r /nsr/index/client_to_be_deleted

-Tom