Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup next step: dedup or BMR, or both?

2010-03-19 18:59:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup next step: dedup or BMR, or both?
From: Anacreo <anacreo AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:56:56 -0500
Well for what its worth I consider SAN 2 SAN replication with snapshots such
as RecoverPoint to be the best DR "Bare Metal Recovery" solution for our
environment.  Then after that anything I commit to backup is more for
retention then DR, so then it becomes a traditional NetWorker, or an Avamar
type solution to lighten the IO/Network load.

Really look hard at your Recovery Time Objective of any backup solution
versus a real time disk replication solution.

Alec