Networker

[Networker] MSSQL / NetWorker experts?

2010-03-13 17:02:29
Subject: [Networker] MSSQL / NetWorker experts?
From: Anacreo <anacreo AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 16:01:09 -0600
Anyone here an MSSQL / NetWorker export?

Here is our problem...

We're bakcing up some instances with thousands and thousands of databases
every 4 hours making our indexes quite large.  As a result we're only
keeping our indexes on-line for 2 days.  Some how the full's are also going
offline even though there are dependencies on them, which I'm not sure why
this is happening.

We'd like a way to bypass all this though and recover a table by using its
SSID.  Even if we need to have the indexes online it would be faster for us
to use scanner on the VTL with the specific SSID's then to use the "nsrck
-L7" to bring the indexes back online.  Does anyone know a good way to do
this?

I'm going to work on the issue in the mean time, I'll post my results.

Alec