Networker

[Networker] NDMP shared device not releasing tape when other path requesting

2010-03-13 15:44:55
Subject: [Networker] NDMP shared device not releasing tape when other path requesting
From: John Brekelbaum <jbrekelbaum AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 14:44:15 -0600
I have not had this problem in a while, but had to reconfigure library
recently and now having annoying problem again where an NDMP backup will
finish and the tape will stay mounted in the drive.  Then a regular backup
(non NDMP) will request a drive resource and still the NDMP will not eject
the tape (like it is "not getting the message").  The previous time I had
this problem it was a zoning issue but to my knowledge nothing has changed
with zoning, only the juke box reconfig.  Does anyone know what causes this
frustrating behavior? Thanks.
-John