Networker

Re: [Networker] New library/tapes/server and device/media errors

2009-11-30 10:03:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] New library/tapes/server and device/media errors
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:00:59 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
11/26/2009 10:03:06 AM:

> On Nov 26, 2009, at 9:58 AM, Manel Rodero wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm testing our new library (Quantum Scalar i500 with 2 HP LTO4 drives

> > FC) in our new server (Windows Server 2008 x64).
> >
> > After installing Windows + Updates to SP2, I've installed latest
driver
> > of i500, HP tapes and Qlogic QLE2460 HBA.
> >
> > Then, I've installed the same version of Legato we have in our actual
> > server (the server we want to replace with the new one).
>
> Why not let us in on which NetWorker version you are trying to use
> on this test server? The version is important. Check the NetWorker
> compatibility Guide to make sure your new tape library is supported
> by whatever NetWorker version you are using.

I would also make sure that persistent binding is enabled. I had problems
that very similar, using a new Quantum LTO-4 library, until I enabled
persistent binding on Windows. Something to consider, perhaps.