Networker

Re: [Networker] Use production license for test environment

2009-11-01 04:38:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Use production license for test environment
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 11:33:21 +0200
Joey Admin wrote:
Hi.

Are anyone here operating a NetWorker test environment? If so, how do you
manage the licenses?

Is it possible to reuse the licenses for the production server that are
already activated for a certain hardware ID?

If I was to solve that problem I would have used evaluation licenses. Once the licenses expire, you can delete /nsr (maybe you can keep /nsr/index) and re-install from scratch. You can even use nsradmin to dump the configuration into a text file and load it using nsradmin in a single command (you will need to script that).

Joey

-- Yaron.