Networker

[Networker] notification variables

2009-11-01 17:52:51
Subject: [Networker] notification variables
From: Alan Rubin <Alan.Rubin AT NT.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 08:17:36 +0930
Hello,

We're running 7.4.4 and I was wondering if there is any way to generate dynamic
information in the subject line when we're mailing notifications such as
Savegroup completion?  So, instead of the subject saying, "nsrserverhost's
savegroup completion," it could say something like, "5WeekIncremental's
savegroup completion."  It's kind of hard to pick out specific information when
you come into the office on a Monday and there are 100 messages sitting in the
mailbox all with the exact same subject line.  I see in some of the default
notification configurations the use of variables like '%s', but I don't know
where an entire list of these variables and their definitions lives.  Any help?

Regards,

Alan Rubin
Unix Systems Administrator
Midrange Server Group, Data Centre Services
Department of Business and Employment
Northern Territory Government
Phone: +61 (08) 8999 5111
Fax:      +61 (08) 8999 7493