Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrpush (RHEL v5 x86_64, NW 7.4sp5)

2009-09-18 08:37:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrpush (RHEL v5 x86_64, NW 7.4sp5)
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 08:33:00 -0400
On 9/18/09 1:11 AM, Ronny Egner wrote:

Any suggestions (before I go pester EMC)?
I've not seen nsrpush hang on something as simple as a repository query (-l) before, so there's definitely something weird going on. FWIW most of my day to day testing with nsrpush is done on my primary lab machine, which is running CentOS 5.3 on x86_64 - i.e., effectively the same as you're dealing with, platform-wise.

Good to know... I'm suspecting that something got messed up because I tried to inventory all the clients through NMC. Probably a restart will clear it -- but I'm not allowed to do a restart for the next week (political issues I do not want to get into -- no technical reason).

I am using 7.5.1 without any problems so far.

Sadly, LGTsc09318 is fixed in 7.4sp5 and I need that (actually spent a year of my life getting EMC to develop it against 7.3.3) which is not fixed in 7.5sp1.

Anyway... I left the hung nsrpush -l running overnight and it finally errored
out with:

Authentication failed or no valid authentication methods supported by both
client and server

but, I wasn't here to see it, so I don't know how long it took (and my bash prompt didn't include the time -- silly oversight on my part).