Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrpush (RHEL v5 x86_64, NW 7.4sp5)

2009-09-17 15:49:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrpush (RHEL v5 x86_64, NW 7.4sp5)
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 05:44:10 +1000
Hi Francis,

On 18/09/2009, at 03:57 , Francis Swasey wrote:

Since Preston posted a link to his blog entry about using nsrpush instead of NMC, I thought I'd try it out... because EMC was pushing me to use that to upgrade my Windows 2008 clients to 7.5.1 for that BMR issue I had two weeks ago.

Anyway... following EMC's instructions I installed the 7.4sp5 and 7.5sp1 clients in the repository via NMC. However, when I asked NMC to inventory the clients.... it hung.

Today, I'm just trying to run "nsrpush -l" on the nsrserverhost (ozzie) and that's hanging -- no messages that I can find anywhere... this is 7.4sp5 on RHEL v5 x86_64.

Any suggestions (before I go pester EMC)?

I've not seen nsrpush hang on something as simple as a repository query (-l) before, so there's definitely something weird going on. FWIW most of my day to day testing with nsrpush is done on my primary lab machine, which is running CentOS 5.3 on x86_64 - i.e., effectively the same as you're dealing with, platform-wise.

(Perhaps there's issues with 7.4.5 in relation to the repository. Most of my testing work with the repository was either with 7.4.4 and 7.5.1...)

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com