Networker

[Networker] Deletion of save sets

2009-06-24 15:03:17
Subject: [Networker] Deletion of save sets
From: Matthew Powell <mtpowel AT CLEMSON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:54:40 -0400
I have an instance of Legato Networker or EBS 7.4.3. I had a server that
I was backing up as a test for the Exchange team. I had to remove the
server from the system in order to backup our current production
instance of exchange since I had only 1 license for exchange. Now I have
save sets from the original exchange system I was backing up. I thought
once I removed the instance of the server that it would clear the save
sets up but I guess not. I also have a couple of save sets that had a
year of browse time and retention time while setting this test
environment up. Now we are pre-prod and I have save sets that are over
their browse able and recovery window. I have changed the retention
times in the GUI but have not had any success in getting the system to
correctly remove these save sets. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

Matt Powell

Storage Administrator

Clemson University

office : 865-656-0589

cell: 864-650-8237

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's
why its called the present."