Networker

Re: [Networker] Deletion of save sets

2009-06-24 15:37:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Deletion of save sets
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 19:33:21 +0000
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 02:54:40PM -0400, Matthew Powell wrote:
> I have an instance of Legato Networker or EBS 7.4.3. I had a server that
> I was backing up as a test for the Exchange team. I had to remove the
> server from the system in order to backup our current production
> instance of exchange since I had only 1 license for exchange. Now I have
> save sets from the original exchange system I was backing up. I thought
> once I removed the instance of the server that it would clear the save
> sets up but I guess not. I also have a couple of save sets that had a
> year of browse time and retention time while setting this test
> environment up. Now we are pre-prod and I have save sets that are over
> their browse able and recovery window. I have changed the retention
> times in the GUI but have not had any success in getting the system to
> correctly remove these save sets. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks for your time.

Tracking of savesets on media requires very little diskspace.  For this
reason, media entries are not removed when the retention period
expires.  This only indicates that the saveset no longer prevents media
reuse.  Only when the media is actually recycled does the saveset get
removed from the database.  You can wait for that to happen, or you can
explicitly recycle your media.

You can remove savesets from the database explicitly with
(nsrmm -d -S <ssid>), or if this was on media that no longer exists, you
can remove the volume itself from the database (nsrmm -d -V <volume>).  Any
savesets that exist only on that volume will be removed.

--
Darren