Networker

Re: [Networker] Confused about nsrinfo command SOLVED

2009-06-03 10:15:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Confused about nsrinfo command SOLVED
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 10:10:07 -0400
(I know it's rude to respond to your own post; sorry)

More searching of the list archives pointed me to:

<http://nsrd.wordpress.com/2009/01/27/basics-listing-files-in-a-backup/>

Which in turn, with a bit of thinking, led me to do this:

mminfo -avot -q
"client=BigSAN,volume=ClonedDiskVolumeName,name=H:\Users,savetime>=06/01/2009"
-r "volume,name,savetime(22),nsavetime"

which gave me:

 name                               date     time      save time
H:\Users                         6/1/2009 11:58:42 PM 1243915122
H:\Users                         6/3/2009 12:04:03 AM 1244001843

And I then fed the "nsavetime" into nsrinfo, and got a satisying bunch of
data:

nsrinfo.exe -t 1243915122 BigSAN

SO now I should be able to re-direct the output to a text file, grep out
the non-offensive file types, and have a report I can wave under the noses
of the miscreant employees. :-)

Thanks, and sorry for wasting the bandwidth. And thank you Preston!

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM

EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
06/03/2009 09:41:58 AM: