Networker

[Networker] Confused about nsrinfo command

2009-06-03 09:48:30
Subject: [Networker] Confused about nsrinfo command
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 09:41:58 -0400
Hello. Using NW 7.4.2 on Win2003.

Need to generate a list of all specific file types in a backup. So I
thought to use the nsrinfo command, and grep appropriately. The
documentation show this as options:

       nsrinfo  [  -vV ] [ -s server | -L ] [ -n namespace ] [ -N filename
] [
       -t time ] [ -X application ] [ -x exportspec ] client

The example shows:

% mminfo -r nsavetime -v -N /usr -c pegasus -ot | tail -1

The limitations speak of  "The  command  line  options  should  be  made
as  powerful as those of mminfo(1)." What does that mean - they "should"?
Are they, or aren't they? The reportspec for mminfo wouldn't make sense
for the nsrinfo command. Nor does there seem to be a queryspec to nsrinfo,
to limit reporting to a date range that I want.

Am I just confused? (always a distinct possibility)

Here's what I want - all files of an extension MP3 backed up since
2009-06-01 on client BigSAN.

How would I construct the nsrinfo command to show me what I want? I'd then
re-direct that to a text file, and either use grep or the Windows utility
"findstr" to just show me those files. I need that to go yell at my users
for saving media files ...

Ideally, I'd like a total of the sizes of all MP3 files saved in a backup,
as well; any way to generate that information, as well?

I can't just go trawling through the user directories; the security
permission are limited to just the users. And I'd rather not have to seize
control and ownership of their files; do my searches; then re-set all the
permission back,

Thanks for any pointers.

--
Michael Leone