Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup does not load tape in proper volume sequence

2009-01-22 18:47:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup does not load tape in proper volume sequence
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:45:19 -0800
Well, all I can say is that in my experience when a group of tapes is
initialized together then Networker takes them in the order they were
initialized.  If a new group of tapes is initialized at a later time
then Networker will select the first of the newly initialized tapes over
otherwise eligible tapes that were initialized earlier.  I've
occasionally had a tape skipped because of errors when Networker tried
to mount it but that's the only time it skips in my experience.

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.
Salem, Oregon